We can never have enough storage and when it comes Christmas season， a handmade storage basket makes the best gift. Add personal charm with sewing machine embroidery faster than ever. I hope you enjoy making a one of a kind DIY fabric basket today.
Finished basket size =？ 5″； x 5″； x 5 1/4″；jute lumbar pillow
2.？Thread the sewing machine with the 28-weight gray thread and shorten the stitch length to 0.7mm.？Attach an open-toe appliqué foot (BERNINA Open embroidery foot #20) to see better. Place a piece of stabilizer on the back.？
3.？Using a regular straight stitch， sew around each letter. Sew the rose pattern on the remaining cream solid fabric following the same steps.
Check out Minki’；s video tutorial for “；How to Fill in Letters and Spaces“；.
？ ？ ？ 4. Fuse 3 x 5 1/2 inch fusible interfacing on the wrong side of 6 x 5 1/2 inch pocket fabric matching one side. Make two and fold in half.
？ ？ ？ 5. Place a pocket atop of 5 1/2 in print fabric. Sew the embroidered piece and the pocket unit together. Make two.
6. Sew all the basket units together matching short raw edges and press seam one side.
7. Sew the 20 1/2 x 6 inch lining fabric to the basket and fuse 20 x 5 inch fusible batting on the wrong side of the basket unit.
？ ？ ？8. Topstitch 1/8 inch from each seam line between side panels and pockets.
？ ？ ？9. Fold in the liningaccent pillow case baby burlap decorative， press well and pin the top raw edges.
10. Fuse 5 1/4 inch square fusible batting on the wrong side of 6 inch square bottom fabrics centrally. Sew two 6 inch square bottom fabric together， right side facing， with 3/4 inch seam allowance， leaving a 3 inch opening？for turning. Turn right side out and press well. The bottom should measure 5 1/4 inch square. Hand stitch opening closed.
11. Pin the bottom unit and the basket unit in place and hand stitch to assemble. Use 100% cotton Quilting thread for sturdy finish.
12. Sew the binding to the top edge of basket and fold the binding over to the back of the basket and then hand stitch in place to finish.
13. Embellish the pocket with labels if you have one. Attach the handles using eyelet tool.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and have a happy sewing!
An autographed copy of Minki Kim’；s and Kristin Esser’；s new book， Sew Illustrated!
All you have to do is post a comment below answering the following question：
What is your favorite tip for staying organized in your sewing space？
A winner will be chosen at random on December 17， 2016 and announced the following week!
The contest is open for comments until December 16 at 12：00 midnight Central Time. Click here for contest rules.
Congratulations to our WeAllSew reader “；colleenjo，”； the winner of our December 16th gift. Enjoy!
It's Dad's day- give him a something that'll make him smile. Explore our gift guide, with our top picks for every Dad this Father's Day.
Welcome back to the BERNINA 125th Anniversary Quilt-Along! I’m BERNINA Expert and Amanda Murphy and in this post I’ll get you started on the optional embroidered cornerstone motifs for this quilt.